Brace yourself, Christmas is coming!
Yes, I'm lame, using old Game of Thrones memes like that. But I don't care. I own my lameness. After all, I'm a Christmas enthusiast! I'm lame by nature!
Back in 2018, I wrote an entire Christmas countdown article series about the approaching Christmas, starting from 100 days until, up to 10 days until, every ten days. So let's see what I wrote about 60 days until, back in 2018:
Now, when I say thinking about Christmas cards, I'm not suggesting you make them yet, even though you can if you want to. I'm above all suggesting you start thinking about it - going on a Google Image search frenzy about card style ideas and maybe getting some more red cardboard if you're out.
So... I was already thinking about cards? Was I serious? Geez! It's only October! It's not even Halloween yet! No wonder I ended up burning through the excitement mid-December.
(Apparently I had also procured all decorations ten days earlier already. While that's a bit too early in my current opinion, I have to admit that even the present me has already bought some ornaments for this year's tree. Because, you know, I'm lame.)
my current situation is that I haven't started thinking about card designs yet. What I have done, though, is
- buy four advent calendars (which is not enough)
- make a mental list of all the chocolate boxes I need for December (all of them, basically)
- choose themes for two Christmas tree decorations (rustic and art deco)
- start a list of all movies I'll watch in December and not before (so far: Tenet, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, all Harry Potter movies, Alien, the first Terminator, the original Lion King)
- buy tickets for the Nutcracker ballet.
I think this is plenty... although I have to admit that I could also be looking at card design inspiration...
To the best Christmas ever!