Today, I started my second 5-day turbo Atkins chicken soup diet. I made a video about the results of my first time - I lost 4 lb in 5 days - and even though I'm in my ideal weight and measurements, I wanted to see what would happen if I did the 5 days again. The soup recipe and the general meal plan for the diet can be found on I Breathe I'm Hungry (soup, meal plan), a blog filled with keto recipes ranging from entrees to mains to desserts. This soup is its crown jewel.
But since I do the diet a little different from how it's presented on the site, here are my instructions. Note that this is how I do it. You may want to do it the way that best suits you. I also do intermittent fasting , even during this diet - you don't have to. (I'm also not a dietitian, and this article is not medical advice.)
- Morning coffee at 6 am, a cup of green tea at 9 am.
- Breakfast at 12.30 pm: 2 eggs and 2 pieces of chicken bacon fried in a teaspoon of coconut oil, topped with a tablespoon of butter, 1/2 avocado with salt and chilli flakes.
- Lunch at 14.30 pm: one portion (2 cups) of chicken soup. A cup of Bulletproof coffee.
- Snack at 16.30 pm: 2 boiled eggs, halved, topped with salt and chilli flakes.
- Dinner at 18.30 pm: one portion (2 cups) of chicken soup.
- A cup of tea sometime in the evening.
The main difference compared to the original meal plan on IBIH is that I've replaced all tuna salad snacks with eggs and I like to have my Bulletproof coffee in the afternoon instead of breakfast. I also use zucchini instead of yellow squash and fresh spinach instead of collards in the soup - purely for availability reasons - and they work fine.
As mentioned, last time I did this I lost 4 lb, and I was already rather skinny to begin with. This time I'm not as skinny as back then, but completely normal weight and slender anyway. I took my measurements this morning, and I'll get back to you on Saturday to reveal what kind of an effect the 5-day diet had this time!
P.S. The chicken soup in the picture above looks weird because I just took it from the fridge.