In today's video, I mentioned I'd got some seaweed snacks to munch for movie night. Seaweed is naturally low in carbs and therefore makes a nifty chip in the keto lifestyle. As a bonus, they were delicious! Inspired by the snacks, I decided to write a piece about keto snacks and hacks.
- Seaweed chips often come in large sheets that you can't fit into your mouth, and if you try, they leave an uncomfortable trail of oil around your lips. However, the sheets can be cut easily into smaller pieces. Just press a knife through the pack of sheets to resize them to your liking.
- Coconut oil, nut butter, and a low-carb sweetener make easy yet delicious fudge. Melt the oil, add the butter (twice the amount of the oil), and stir in the sweetener (granulated works but sticky is better). Pour in a mold (parchment or silicone), place in the freezer for 5 to 15 minutes or until the fudge has turned solid. Enjoy the treat that effectively destroys your sweet craving!
- Deviled eggs are not only delicious but also packed with protein and fat. To cut the preparation process for a quick and easy snack, add the mayonnaise as a thin layer on top of a halved boiled egg without mixing it with the yolk first. Add seasoning to your preference.
- Craving for chocolatey goods? A quick fix is offered in the form of pudding: add an avocado, low-carb sweetener, and cocoa powder in a small food processor, mix until smooth, taste, and adjust the ratios according to your liking.
- Ham, rolled around a piece of butter, makes an excellently satisfying snack. If your body can handle dairy, adding a slice of cheese around the ham crowns the roll.
So there you go, my favourite keto snacks and hacks! Hopefully they work for you as well as they work for me! (And if they don't, feel free to scour the Internet for other suggestions, I won't be offended.)