We're only a fortnight into the promised year and already things have been chaotic and messy and productive and amazing. Everything has been ripped to pieces and then reconstructed. Furthermore, I've stumbled upon some guidelines for myself that I used to live by but have mysteriously forgotten somewhere along the way.
And when I say stumbled upon I mean I had to learn simple things the hard way. That's the way it usually goes, isn't it? For example:
- For the love of god, how many times do I have to learn from scratch that dairy isn't good for me?
- Finish. It always helps. Even if you don't think at the moment that it will.
- Work more. Watch less videos. Get out of the house. It's not difficult.
- Self love is more likely to mean nourishment and exercising than ice cream and movie marathons.
- Always, always, assume the explanation that you can live with the easiest; usually, at least for me, this means taking the role of the monster.
Relaxation only looks good on those to whom it's not a natural state.